Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December Already?

Well we've had a long 3 weeks, but an awesome weekend to make up for it! We got to see 3 baptisms this Saturday which were all fantastic! The only problem was that the water heater was broken so the baptismal font was FrEeZiNg!!! Samantha Wilson did in fact end up being baptized this past weekend! She was a miracle because we just started teaching her Friday of last week and she was baptized a week and a day later. I can't wait for her and her husband to go to the temple to be sealed! We also had a little girl named Jenna get baptized. Her mom is a member, but hasn't been active in many years. It was a very sweet baptism as well. To top it all off, we had a man named Tom get baptized. He is just incredible. When we first met him just a few weeks ago, we didn't see the potential in him at all. We just weren't looking at him the way Heavenly Father looks at him. But the more we've taught him about who God is, that he (Tom) is a child of God and that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love him very much, we've been able to see a huge change take place within him. He's slowly but surely beginning to understand his self worth.

In our mission we have a "motto." The very last line of the motto is "Joy is the reward." After this weekend, that line has begun to make more sense to me. To see Samantha and her husband work toward the temple is so rewarding. To see Tom begin to understand WHO HE IS....the joy I feel is more than I deserve.

Even though there are hard times on the mission, I can still recognize the fact that I am so blessed to be here. I am humbled with gratitude to be a servant of my Heavenly Father. To wear the name of Jesus Christ on my chest day in and day out truly is such an honor. Time is slipping by faster and faster and I'm already getting panicked that the end of my mission will come faster than I think! Transfers are in a week! Oh well, back to work. That's all I can do to keep myself from thinking about how quickly this joyous phase of my life will be over.

I love my Savior. I love His gospel. I love y'all.

-Elderette TheUms

No comments: